Eggplant بادنجان سیاه
- Problems and Opportunities
- Pest Management
- Market Information (All Crops)
- Priority problems include growing nonresistant (local) varieties, insect pests and disease, improper irrigation and management practices leading to blossom-end rot and damping-off.
- Priority opportunities include extension and demonstration of improved and resistant varieties to farmer groups, crop rotation for disease prevention, improved cultural practices and IPM methods.
These draft priority problems and opportunities are based on feedback from Alan Walters (SIU) and publications by Professor Norgul Hamza khil.
About Eggplants Fact Sheet
- Eggplant Production Excerpt پشتو (Pashto) (USAID ADP/E)
Diagnostics Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
Cultural Practices Manual (AVRDC)
Flowering and Seed Manual (AVRDC)
- Fact Sheet (IFA)
- Eggplant Production for Eastern Region PPT as PDF (IDEA-NEW Noori)
- Common pests and diseases in eggplant are flea beetles, aphids, bacterial wilt, verticillium wilt, phytophthora blight, leafhoppers, mites, thrips, phomopsis blight, nutsedge, and bermudagrass. Plant varieties resistant to pathogens and follow IPM practices.
- Insect and Mite Pests Manual (2.2 MB) (AVRDC)
- Insects for Tomato, Eggplant and Peppers PPT as PDF (1.7 MB) (UC Davis)
- See Pest Identification Cards and the general Pest Management Page
Insects & Disease
Environmental & Management Disorders