- Problems and Opportunities
- Pest Management
- Market Information (all crops)
Problems and Opportunities
- Priority problems for Afghanistan chili peppers include: inconsistent product reducing export potential, blossom end rot, phytophthora blight, and over irrigation.
- Priority opportunities include: variety selection, whole or cut dried pepper for international markets, improved irrigation practices (both furrow and basin irrigation currently used for peppers), field and crop rotation for disease prevention.
These draft priority problems are based on feedback from Alan Walters (Southern Illinois University).
- General Vegetable Production Manual پشتو (Pashto) (2.3 MB) (USAID ADP/E)
- Pepper Fertilization Fact Sheet (IFA)
- Low plastic tunnels Info Sheet (USDA)
- Pepper Saving Seed Fact Sheet (AVRDC)
- Insects for Tomato, Eggplant and Peppers PPT as PDF (1.7 MB) (UC Davis)
- See Pest Identification Cards and general Pest Management Page
- Chili Pepper Postharvest Fact Sheet (UC Davis PHTC)
- 10 Principles of Postharvest Management Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
- Principles of GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
- General Postharvest Page
Market Information (All Crops)